Green Goodness


With spring here and summer around the corner I have been lately trying to treat my body with some healthy food, even though I sometimes tend to indulge in some of my favorite sugary treats haha ;) So, lately people have been talking about juice cleanses, specially during this time of the year in which people are trying to get back in shape for the summer. I personally think that the most important thing to look great starts with what you eat. And no, I am no nutrionist or health expert. But I just want to share with you what I have been trying to do in order to change some bad habits and satisfy my body with healthy food rich in vitamins. 
Craving green already?! Vegetables have never been my favorite thing to eat, who am I lying, and even less to snack on, but I think I have just found the perfect way to swallow them and that is by making a pressed juice. I have tried different combinations of vegetables but once I added some fruit to it everything tasted better! It just gives the right amount of sweetness that makes it tasty to drink. For this particular recipe I added an apple, but if you are not a fan of apples you can try it with pear or even a citric fruit. Other than the apple, celery is another of my other favorites in this recipe. Celery is known as the 'ABC' since it provides all three vitamins. Therefore, be sure not to cut anything off. This is a great way to boost your body with the right vitamins. 
Following, you may use this recipe to create your own 3 day cleanse or just simply introduce them to your daily meals, which is what I did since I can't just feed myself with juices. Just remember that if you are doing a cleanse you have to be sure to do it right and feed the right amount of proteins, vegetables, fruits, vitamins that your body needs per day. The one thing you will be needing is a juice presser. If you don't have one don't worry because honestly there is a great variety of them and you can find one that is not so pricey but does the job well :)

Below you will see the list of vegetables and fruits I incorporated to create the green goodness juice you see in the image above. Also, feel free to substitute any of these ingredients or to use less amount for only one glass serving.


Green Goodness
  1. 3 stalks of kale
  2. 2 stalks of celery
  3. 1 handful of spinach
  4. 1 green apple
  5. 1 whole lemon
  6. 1 cucumber
  7. 1/2 heart romaine lettuce

Optional additions:

  1. 1 small piece of Ginger (depends)
  2. 1 handful of mint

Serves about 1 litter of juice :O

If you want to add a punch to your juice you can even add Ginger. This is not considered a vegetable nor a fruit but known better as a aromatic bitter herb. Since ginger is the 'anti' of many things: anti-viral, anti-septic, anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory, if you are feeling sick this will definitely help your body to awaken and renovate itself. 
Mint is another one of my favorite additions to this green juice and even more in this time of the year in which I am craving freshness. I like to add mint specially in the morning or even at noon. This herb is rich in vitamins and also is great whenever you have cramps, gas or nausea. Also, the mint and ginger are great to have whenever you have a sore throat or cough.

Because you might be left with a lot of juice the trick is to preserve them in a glass bottle, the one in the image I show is the best I have found because of the lid, it seals the juice perfectly so that it lasts for the day. But honestly the best is to consume it the fresher you can!


Hope you have fun creating your own versions of my green goodness

Enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Follow on Bloglovin

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin