4th of July Outfits + DIY American Flag Inspired Shorts




Happy 4th of July everyone! Wow half year has gone by... time flies!

So for the 4th of July I decided to go for the whole blue and red combo... yeah yeah I know, but at least it is the THE day of the year that you can really pull this off. So if you have an early gathering this is an outfit that is casual and comfortable to use. It is a blue striped t-shirt which I paired with a simple white denim that I bought from Urban Outfitters a while ago. As for shoes, dark blue toms add to this casual idea look. For accessories, pair it with a nice statement bracelet and necklace from Baublebar and a delicate crystal Swarovski ring that add a touch of sparkle to the outfit. As for nails, the O.P.I 'big red apple' would add a bit of red to your outfit. For perfume, I am currently loving the Dior Addict. 





If you are looking for an outfit to wear at night let me give you another option. Today I will be gathering with some close friends from school and since this is an afternoon plan I wanted to pair an outfit that could work for the night as well. The top I will be wearing is from the brand Mossimo found at Target. I bought it for $24.99 dollars but now it is in clearance for $14.99. The black skirt is an old plaided skirt from Zara that I bought a while ago. For shoes you can go for heels or some fancy sandals. 




I love the stud detailing of the shirt because it sort of reminds me of the stars in the american flag. 


As for accessories I was inspired by the fireworks on this particular day, so I went for some statement earrings that I bought from Forever21 a while ago, the same Swarovski crystal ring and  $32 Baublebar bracelet I got months ago when they opened their store in Chelsea.  


As for the red color, this color from O.P.I 'big red apple' works. For makeup you can go for a red lip if you want to add more red. This will add just a touch of red to the overall outfit. 




If you want a more literal outfit for this day and don't own anything with stars or stripes you can DIY one of your denim shorts. Be creative and feel free to distress and bleach them. You will be needing fabric paint both red and white, masking tape and a star stencil. If you want for it to look less precise, you can do all of this art without the masking tape and the stencil. Use the stencil and place it in one of the sides of the short that your prefer. Then just go ahead and apply the paint. Next, use the masking tape as a guideline for creating the stripes, then just apply the red paint and voilà!  Now for a more casual look just pair your shorts with a plain t-shirt and some high tops white, red or blue converse. 

Enjoy!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Follow on Bloglovin

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin