DIY Neon Bag





Is anyone craving the neon bag trend? We all know that designer bags can be very pricey, specially if you are buying the trendy bags that will last until the trend fades away. So, why not make your own bag and have fun creating it? Below I will be showing you how I did my neon pink clutch step by step. 

You will need the following:

Materials
  1. Leather (color of your choice)
  2. Studs
  3. Thread
  4. Pen
  5. Scissors
  6. Pliers
  7. Zipper (the size depends on how big you want your clutch to be)
  8. Ruler
  9. Pins
  10. Needle 




I decided to chose a neon pink leather.





Fold the leather and place the magazine on the fold end of the leather. Use a magazine of the size of your choice. Trace the shape of the magazine. Cut the traced shape.



Once you have your leather piece cut out, pin the zipper to the top part of the leather piece. 





Sew both the top and bottom of the leather with the zipper. Be sure to remove the pins as the needle of the machine almost reaches them to avoid any injury or ruining your machine. 



Sew the sides of the bag together. Since there were parts of the zipper I couldn't reach with my machine I sew those parts by hand by using needle and thread.





Have fun placing the studs however you want. If you are not fan of studs you can even place any other applique that you want. If you decide to place the studs just like me, make sure to measure the space in between each other so that they all look equal and precise. This is the step in which you will be using your pliers to help you put the studs in place.



I decided to place the studs differently in the front and back. Therefore it allows me to wear it four different ways.


  

Have fun creating your bag! Combine it with your outfits to add a pop of color.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Follow on Bloglovin

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin